February turned into an unexpected blog vacation during which I (in no particular order):
1. Knit another two skeins up of Karabella Soft Tweed on my Valentine poncho, the poncho which was intended for Valentine's Day 2005 and was still not finished for V-day 2006.
2. Wrote Xavier's birth story.
3. Went down to Philly to visit the in-laws and found out that Dave's mom's multiple sclerosis is worsening.
5. Cleaned my house and did enormous amounts of laundry since Oscar the pug got very sick and a pukey/poopy dog makes for a really disgusting mess.
6. Hospitalized poor Oscar for dehydration and, when an ultrasound showed bowel irregularities and enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes, agreed to exploratory surgery and biopsies.
7. Cried when the vet told me he may have terminal canine lymphoma and attempt to distract myself while waiting for biopsy results (due on 3/1).
8. Discovered that Xavier is ticklish, and swooned at the sweet sound of my baby laughing.
9. Kept up the fever log his pediatrician has us keeping, taking his temperature 4 times a day.
10. Got referred to a pediatric infectious disease specialist when X's ped couldn't figure out what is causing his fevers for the past 7 weeks.
11. Cried with relief when the ID ped told me that he doesn't think anything is seriously wrong with Xavier's health and that we should keep up the fever log for two more weeks and if it doesn't consistently go above 101 then we can chalk this all up to him running warm and perhaps fighting off minor cold viruses.
12. Booked flights for X and I to join DH on a business trip to Lake Louise, Calgary for the first weekend in March.
13. Booked flights for all three of us to go to CA for Xavier's Baptism into the Catholic Church on March 18th.
14. Realized that I should probably get X a frequent flier card if we keep this travel schedule up.
15. Began planning Xavier's post-Baptism party to be held in my grandpa's illegal casino, because you just have to mix up some ungodly gambling with all the godly sacraments.
16. Thought of my grandma and how much she would have loved to be at her first great-grandson's Baptism and that the first thing she would have done is make us a cookie tray for the party afterward.
17. Called my aunt and asked if she would help make a cookie tray with grandma's recipes for X's Baptism.
18. Finally found, ordered, and arranged for the installation of stair runners so that I don't fall down the stairs again.
19. Joined a fledgling local CSA and crossed my fingers that it's better than the crappy CSA we participated in last summer where all they did was overdose members on swiss chard.
20. Went to a LLL meeting and made a new friend who has a son born on Xavier's due date.
21. Made snarky comments during all of the stupid ice dancing Olympic events in Torino.
22. Started counting down the days (only 14 days left!) to when The Sopranos returns to HBO.
23. Stared for hours at Xavier, who learned how to suck his thumbs this month and is just the sweetest, most amazing baby ever.